Sunday, September 20, 2015

Perfectionism and Expectations

I don't really understand how did I grow to be a perfectionist. As long as I could remember, I'm not that kind of person back then when I was on elementary school till junior high school. But, I when I think about it again, those were the times when everything was almost perfect in my mind. On my elementary - junior high school era I was one of the top students, I had many friends adoring me, I had my first love, the teachers love me a lot, I was confidence about myself, and things weren't so hard like these days.

So, how did I become a perfectionist? Maybe since things got harder to be perfect like before, I started to be like, "No, it's not supposed to be like this. Everything was perfect back then, it should be perfect again now and forever."

Then the expectations came along. Because I want everything to be OK like it used to be it also means that I expect everything to be OK like it used to be. It makes more sense now that I write it here ha ha...

Whereas they said that we shouldn't expect too much about life or even don't expect at all. And about perfectionism? They said it's a dream-killer. They said it's just an excuse for those who are afraid. BOOM! </3 See? I really need to quit these habits.

Thank you! ^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment