Monday, December 24, 2018

2018 Songs of The Year


It's already that time of the year! Here's the boring list of Stephanie Gracia's Song(s) of The Year 2018!

I'm forcing myself to make this anyway because it's the only thing I write consistently since 2014! LOL so proud  🤣  I want to continue it no matter how difficult it is to decide the songs and to write the long long list 🤣 I'm gonna back to the old format with only top 10 songs, writing 20 like last year was crazy 🤣

I'm trying my best to set aside good old songs I like to listen throughout this year and stick only with 2018 released songs. Let's start the ride!




10. Block B - Don't Leave

I'd like to congratulate them to make 3 years strike of making it into my SOTY list :") and it seems like it's gonna be the last time because "Don't Leave" is probably their last song as 7, Zico left and it's not that I don't trust Park Kyung (he's a VERY GOOD song writer & producer too) it's just that I'm not sure I can handle listening to their song knowing someone had gone 😭



Thank you for naming the song "Don't Leave" and then leave us, Zico... Your singing rap in this song is SO GOOD and everyone did their part epicly :") THANKS THANKS THANKS for such a masterpiece... I don't know how not to cry  listening to this, reminscing all those years I spent supporting you guys through ups and downs 😭 Is the one you ask not to leave when you sing "Don't Leave" is us; BBC? Because you guys alrd knew abt Zico's departure? *okay me won't leave 😭 me gonna endure the pain for y'all 😭

*wut is dis. dis is supposed to be the song review lol 😭

9. Oh My Girl - Secret Garden

One of the forever parameter of how good a song is for me: if I learn the dance kekeke~


This song gave my girls their first win! :") and the concept is just SHOOOO PRETTY! LOVED IT! The song has sad vibe that's delivered beautifully by the girls and its choreo 💕

8. Produce 48 - I AM & Rumor 

Here we go again with this cheat of putting 2 songs 💁




Didn't watch the survival show but these 2 songs are MY JAMS this 2018! Thanks girls!

7. Blackpink - DDDD 

Not gonna lie, I also get this hit you with that ddu du ddu du fever like everyone else 💃




But honestly I put them in just because "Yes, I listen to it soooooo many times and can even do the dance" not because I love the song so much hehe 💢


 6. NCT Dream - We Go Up

Weird choice, huh? I don't care 😅 NCT released many songs this year but yep, I live by the motto "Dream is the superior unit" wkwwkwk *love them all tho




Can't exactly explain why I love this song but "We Go Up" just sounds right to my ears 😂 I love the verse where the members one by one sing in a fast paced melody as if they were all rappers *except Renjun and Chenle I think~ and I must say, NCT Dream has the best voices; Haechan is the main vocal here so he gets way more lines than when he is in 127, Renjun and Chenle also have lovely vocals, Jisung surprisingly sounds SO COOL too, Jeno x Jaemin's deep voice are pleasing to my ears and MARK LEE we don't need to describe because WE ALL KNOW HE'S THAT G O O D *lol so biased 😹

I also love the dance!!! Their foot steps are damn good and so FUN to listen 😆

Here is the BIG 5! 

5. A Pink - I'm So Sick

Finally a-not-cute A Pink song I could OBSESS over 😍 I had a hard time liking their songs since they grew up (not doing cutesy songs anymore). I was a hardcore Pink Panda since their debut days, "I Don't Know", "MY MY", "No No No", "Mr. Chu", and "Remember" are still my favorites until now, plus their other cute side tracks like "Bubibu" and "Lovely Day".


 
Not a fan of their more matured songs like "Hush", "LUV", and "Only One" but "I'm So Sick" is SUCH A BOP! I'm obsessed! I really love everything about it! Everyone is SUPER PRETTY and LOOK ON POINT in every stage, the stage clothes, the dances, the vocals UGH! I'M A PINK PANDA AGAIN 😍😍😍

4. Fromis_9 - DKDK & Love Bomb

Use the same cheat formula 💁 because both songs are MY LOVE OF MY LIFE this year


 


Finally a cute girl group I LOVE!!! I'm grateful I didn't watch Idol School, I might hate Fromis_9 if I watched it ha ha...

DKDK is such a FUN, BRIGHT, CUTE, and HAPPY FLUFFY song. I learned the choreo with full fangirl spirit LOL~

and Love Bomb could be a NATIONAL SONG if only it was sung by Twice haha :") it's so ADDICTIVE and the dance is SIMPLY CUTE 😍 *all the girls are so pretty, hair perfect and outfits match the concept so well >_______< ACTUAL LOVEEEEE BOMB!  They give me so much smiles and joy this year, thank you gurls!

It's the BIG 3 and I admit it's gonna be... A L B U M and not S O N G of the year 😂

3. Hillsong Young and Free - III Album



Nope, I'm not adding it to show how religious I am. It's because the songs in this album are really good, I mean even if I'm not a Christian the songs are still G O L D and pleasing to listen.

I thank God that He uses Hillsong to deliver this album. The songs helped me (and many other people out there) getting through 2018... When we lack faith, almost losing hope, weary, and tired~ listening to this album had given us strength from Jesus Christ.

My favorites are:
- Heart of God
- First Love
- Let Go
- Every Little Thing
- Peace

2. Day6 Songs 



Day6 releases 2 Korean albums and 1 Japanese in 2018 and yeah, I love all songs they make :") uwu heart for my living legend #sobs #cry

if I have to choose, "Stop The Rain" is my favorite so it's like my #2 SOTY

1. iKON Songs

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL Sorry for the low quality ranking system! 🤣🤣🤣🤣



What can I do because it's true that iKON songs are what I listen to the MOST in 2018 :") B.I is a GENIUS just like YoungK is Day6's mastermind :") LOVE THEM can't imagine life without songs they produce :")

My favorite is "FREEDOM" so yeah it's like my #1 Song of The Year! The song makes me EXTRA JOYFUL, love the energy & the vibe this song. It reminds me of their Mix and Match era :") even WIN era :"""D I'm so glad that iKON is STILL that iKON, is still that TEAM B we all LOVE 💗💗💗 Thank you GUYS! I stan the right group!!! Thank you so much for coloring my 2018 with beautiful colors of your musics! Not only B.I but all of you! Jinhwan, Bobby, June, Donghyuk, Yunhyeong, Chanwoo 💘 keep doing what you guys LOVE and ENJOY! iKONICS are here FOREVER to support you guys!

It's done!

And as usual, here are other songs from 2018 I love:
💛 I*ZONE - La Vie en Rose
💛 SEVENTEEN - Thank You
💛 Melomance - Just Friends
💛 APRIL - Oh My Mistake
💛 HIGHLIGHT - Loved
💛 The Boyz - Keeper (wait, isn't it should've been on big 10? LOL)
💛 Stray Kids - My Pace
💛 Jennie - Solo
💛 Red Velvet - Power Up
💛 MAMAMOO - Starry Night
💛 Pristin V - Get It
💛 Pentagon - Shine
💛 UNB - After The Rain
💛 JBJ - My Flower
💛 Monsta X - Jealousy

1 comment: